Culture, History & Special Interests
The subcontinent offers the enthusiast the possibility of pursuing a range of interests – whether it be textiles, architecture, food, music, dance, painting or a wonderful mix of everything. So you can either spend 3 weeks delighting in the rich and varied textiles from the deserts of western India to the mountains of Bhutan or perhaps more enjoyably, throw in a bit of wildlife, culture and relaxation. There are few other regions that can offer such superlative options.
If you do have a particular interest in, say, textiles or miniature paintings or Deccan architecture, classical dance, tribal music or any other special area; or you are someone who likes to probe deeper into the culture and history of the area you are in, tarry longer at special places, wander on foot into areas that most tourists or even locals have never heard of; visit the ateliers of craftsmen and artists; take a by-road to visit a school of dance or a community of Sanskrit scholars – for that level of interest we design the itineraries differently, engage specialist guides and arrange meetings with scholars or experts. While this last is often easier for groups, if you are an individual traveller let us know your area of interest, check out the possibilities below and give us a call.
- Classic South , Chennai (Madras), Mammalapuram, Pondicherry, Tanjore, Chettinad, Madurai, Cardamom Hills, Kerala Backwaters, Cochin.
- Textile Tour, Kutch, Ahmedabad, Jaipur, Delhi
- Rajasthan & The Taj Mahal , Delhi, Agra, Samode Palace, Nawalgarh, Bikaner, Nagaur, Rohet, Deogarh, Ranakpur, Udaipur.
- The Ruins of Empire – Cities and Temples of the Deccan: Hyderabad, Hampi, Halebid & Bellur, Bangalore, Mysore, Ooty, Madras (Chennai).
- Central India – Tribal Kingdoms and ancient cities , Bastar, Kawardha, Bhopal, Maheshwar & Mandu.
- Ajanta & Ellora and the Portuguese legacy.
- Kashmir & Ladakh ,Srinagar and houseboats, Kargil & Buddhist Ladakh.
- Bhutan , Thimphu, Gangtey, Bhumthang, Trongsa, Punakha, Paro.
- Sri Lanka , Colombo, Anuradhapura, Dambulla & Sigiriya, Kandy, Tea Factory Nuwara Eliya & Galle.