Luxury Tailormade Holidays to south India, Kerala and Goa
South India is truly distinctive from the north. There is a very different feel to it – the people are different, the landscapes are different, the languages are different, the colours are different. And it is truly tropical – from the lush coastal strip stretching from Goa to southern Kerala with beautiful beaches and superb food; the laid-back atmospheric villages of the Goa back-counry; the balmy scenic backwaters of Kerala; magnificent ruined cities like Hampi and towering temples, forts, scenery and culture. Rich wildlife including wild elephants, tigers, Asiatic wild dogs and bears. Superb bird and floral wealth of the rain forests of the Western Ghats. Atmospheric converted tea and coffee estates; owner managed heritage homes and luxurious beach properties with Ayurvedic treatment and yoga instruction. Wonderful private villas in Goa – and some of the finest fresh water fishing in the world!
Kerala– For many people this magical coastal state has become a complete destination by itself and deservedly so. From west to east it stretches from the warm tropical waters of the Arabian Sea to the lush rain forest and tea and coffee plantation covered heights of the Western Ghats culminating in the highest point in Southern India – Annaimudi Elephants Head. Since well before the inspired appellation God’s Own Country catapulted Kerala into the world’s top 50 destinations we have been operating holidays to this incredibly diverse state. Kerala has so much more to offer than beaches, backwaters and massages. Our holidays take in lovely small owner managed properties overflowing with warm hospitality and wonderful local cuisine; superbly guided individual birding and wildlife trips well off the beaten track where you can camp out in the middle of elephant and tiger country; beautiful and remote plantation bungalows stylishly and imaginatively converted to accommodate our discerning clients. You can explore the Highlights and Accommodations pages or simply pick up the phone to contact us.
Kerala, Goa and South India- Highlights
- The hugely atmospheric city of Hyderabad, gateway to the South. This is the city of the Charminar, the Golconda Fort and the incredibly opulent Falaknuma Palace recently converted to a hotel by the Taj Group.
- The magnificent ruins of Hampi that were once the Imperial City of Vijaynagar – last of the great Hindu Empires of the South.
- The famed temples of Belur and Halebid embellished with the most intricate and beautiful sculpture anywhere in India.
- The soaring temples of Tanjore.
- The wildlife-rich mountains of the Western Ghats or Sahyadris that run parallel to the west coast and are dotted with some of the finest wildlife parks of the subcontinent.
- The vivid life on the backwaters of Kerala as you cruise gently past on your luxurious houseboat or paddle leisurely in a kayak or canoe.
- The wonderful owner-managed converted plantation homes that bring a more leisured and civilised age to life.
- Great treks through rain forests looking with the most amazing tribal guides.
- Fantastic beaches that stretch all the way north from Kerala through the Konkan coast to Goa. Dotted with the most delicious resorts and small, simple and incredibly peaceful beach homes.
- The laid-back elegance of French colonial Pondicherry.
- The vast complex of the temple of Meenakshi at Madurai – one of the oldest in India.
- The incredible and diverse cuisines.