At Indian Explorations, we all have children and are therefore highly experienced in arranging family holidays to India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bhutan and the Maldives! Family holidays take time and great planning in order to get them absolutely right – and this is our expertise! We can arrange all sorts of exciting activities – from rafting on Himalayan rivers, snorkelling in pellucid waters, riding elephants through tall grasslands looking for tigers, exploring the Rajasthani wilderness on horseback; watching the sun rise over Himalayan peaks from a balloon; taking over a fabulous tea garden bungalow in the Eastern Himalayas for Christmas or a family villa on an atoll – the subcontinent is a treasure trove for children of all ages – and in a part of the world where everyone has time for a child. We list below some of the possibilities and then – as always – give us a call.
- Nepal: Pokhara – walking, ballooning and micro-lighting, White water rafting, game viewing by elephant back whilst staying at a Tented Camp in Chitwan National Park.
- Rajasthan – Horse riding, riding on camels in the Thar desert, walking, staying in Royal tented camps and Palaces, visiting tiger reserves.
- Western Himalayas – Rafting on the River Ganges, game viewing by elephant back in Corbett Tiger Reserve, camping inside the park and ending up at a wonderful retreat in the mountains. Go on a village trek where you stay in the houses of villagers, walking and watching them farm. Learn another culture. In the evening, there are board games one can play and traditional dancing to watch and participate!
- Madhya Pradesh – Combining a couple of lodges where one can view game by vehicle and on elephant back; walk; fish and canoe.
- Eastern Himalayas – Assam – staying on tea plantations and walking and horse riding, boating on the Bhramaputra River and stay on your own island where you can see Gangetic dolphins, visit Kaziranga Park where one can view wildlife on the back of an elephant.
- Sri Lanka – Stay on a Tea Plantation – walking, cycling, ballooning; Have a private, luxury mobile camp set up in Yala National Park where leopard can be seen. Stay in a special tree house and on the most fantastic beaches.
- Diving or snorkelling or simply being on a wonderful beach in the Maldives, or Havelock Island in the Andamans in India.
- Kerala – this is the most wonderful region for famillies to visit. Spend a couple of nights on a house boat on the backwaters, walk in the Cardamom Hills, stay in a tree house on a plantation. There are some lovely places on a beach, watch latex being takesn from a rubber tree plantation; ride on a bullock cart through villages.
- Christmas at Glenburn in Darjeeling Hills or in April where one can raft the rivers below and have some wonderful walks.
- Bhutan – Cycling, trekking, rafting, walking – there is simply so much to do here and the perfect country to take a family!