Luxury Holidays to Kerala
From Cochin to Munnar, from Periyar to Kovalam, from Wayanad to the Malabar Coast, Kerala is a tropical paradise. Our tailor-made itineraries, designed in consultation with you, can incorporate all your interests to create your perfect Kerala holiday whether you are a single traveler, a couple, family or group of friends.
It follows a much gentler pace than its northern counterparts. Coconut-studded coastlines, canal-like backwaters and undulating evergreen hills – the tropical beauty of this south-west swathe of India is unrivalled. Kerala is the latest part of India to become a fashionable destination, and with good reason. It’s not only Kerala’s scenic splendour that will win your heart, but also its friendliness, spirituality and spicy cuisine. It has a fascinating mix of influences, from the Phoenicians, Romans, Arabs and Chinese who came to trade spices and ivory, to the Dutch, Portuguese and British – all of whom have left their mark: the Chinese fishing nets in Cochin, the Dutch forts and palaces throughout the region, the tea plantations and the cricket pitches of the Raj occupation.
In addition to the long shoreline, there are tranquil backwaters, flanked by beautiful hill country where the slopes are blanketed with tea plantations and the cooling breezes provide respite in the searing summer months. In amongst the plantations and paddy fields, there are numerous historic and cultural monuments. The Keralan people, with their distinctive Malayalam language, are among the most charming and independent in India, famed for their delicious fish curries and a history of independent thinking.
Kerala, with its abundant greenery, rolling hills of the Western Ghats, wildlife sanctuaries, spice plantations and tranquil backwaters, deserves its title “God’s Own Country”.
1) Stays anchored in a stylish resort in a postcard-perfect setting, or sample as many experiences as possible and take a tour through its varied terrain, stopping off at a range of charming retreats. Whether your location is city, coast or country, sightseeing is always wide-angled.
2) Visit the colourful churches in the historical harbour of Fort Cochin;
3) Venture inland to Spice Country and hike the nature reserves of Thekkady;
4) Wend your way south to the palm-lined sands near Alleppey and indulge in some beach-based relaxation.
5) Enhance your mind-body-and-soul, ensure you indulge in the ancient healing science of Ayurveda while you’re away. Because of the rich vegetation and wealth of herbs in Kerala, it is believed that the cosmetic and therapeutic Ayurvedic treatments practiced here are the most superior. We have some amazing places to stay where one can practice yoga, meditation and have stunning spa treatments.
6) Take tea in the hill station of Munnar
7) Cruise the idyllic backwaters on board a rice barge houseboat or a luxury cruiser
8) Sample fabulous food freshly prepared especially for you by your friendly hosts at a variety of heritage home stays and have lessons in South Indian cooking from the experts
9) Visiting the Vadakumnathan Temple, this is the main venue of the world famous festival – the Thrissur Pooram, celebrated annually in April-May.
10) Experiencing the Nehru Trophy Boat Race which is the greatest event on the backwaters of Kerala. The race is held on the second Saturday of August every year near Allapuzha. Magnificent snake boats compete for the prized trophy instituted by Jawaharlal Nehru, the first Prime Minister of India.
11) Spending few days at a home stay tucked away in misty plantation hills, amidst cool coconut groves, circled by backwaters, by the side of sun drenched beaches or in villages with distinct characteristics. Home stays in Kerala offer you one of the most favored means by visitors to enjoy and experience the culture, lifestyle and flavors of the land and its people.
Traveling with us you can really get to know the people and cultures of this fascinating part of the world. Our tailor-made itineraries, designed in consultation with you, can incorporate all your interests to create your perfect holiday whether you are a single traveler, a couple, family or group of friends. With our expert local knowledge, acquired on numerous visits, we can arrange a special tour just for you. Do get in touch to discover what we can offer in the central region around Cochin, the south around Trivandrum or the relatively undiscovered north in the forests and plantations of Wayanad and the unspoilt beaches of the Malabar Coast.